Our IFRS 9 seminar will take place on 9/4/2019 at the Synergy Conference Center. Please note that advance booking is essential as only 10 places are available for this event!
See below for details and/or register your interest here. Please note that registrations will close by 3/4/2019 at 9:00 am.
About this Event
IFRS 9 was developed by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) to replace IAS 39. It is effective from 1 January 2018 and introduces lots of changes with the most important ones being the following:
- The classification and measurement of financial assets is now based on the entity’s business model and an instrument’s cash flow characteristics.
- IFRS 9 sets out a new forward looking ‘expected loss’ impairment model which replaces the incurred loss model in IAS 39.
- In contrast to the complex and rules based approach in IAS 39, the new hedge accounting requirements in IFRS 9 provide a better link to risk management and treasury operations and are simpler to apply.
- Embedded derivatives
- Transitional provisions
Who should attend?
- CEOs / CFOs
- Auditors, Financial Controllers, Tax Professionals
- Financial reporting staff of large organizations and entities
- Individuals working in Accounting & Finance Departments
- All professionals who want to expand their knowledge in IFRSs
Orestis Papacharalambous is an experienced financial trainer and has been serving as an examiner, marker and university lecturer on IFRS related courses. He is being called upon both nationally and internationally for his IFRS training abilities and has a wealth of experience to share that is supported by impeccable financial credentials. He regularly posts technical articles on IFRSs and throughout the years he has acquired a global audience.
Venue: Synergy Conference Center
Participation fees: €145 + VAT
CPD/CPE Units: 4
No refunds are granted for this event, but you can transfer your ticket to someone else in case you are not able to attend. You can do so by just updating your order information with the new attendee’s information or just contact us at email@example.com.
Coffee and pastries/snacks are included in the price. If you have any special dietary requirements, please do let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register your interest here. Please note that advance booking is essential as only 10 places are available for this event!